Sharing my passions, as I manipulated a variety of materials. Some people have called it art. It has also been a form of worship, and almost always has been the greatest fun.

Sunday, September 8, 2013

A Tribute to the Salado Mermaid

A couple of years ago a terrible flood devastated parts of Salado, Texas, taking much of this sweet scene downstream. I was glad afterwards that I had taken the time one morning to capture this popular local icon on Salado Creek, a bronze sculpture of a mermaid which was lost to the fury of Mother Nature...
 
No, I did not sculpt her... but I wish I had.
This is the wonderful gift of photography; Preserving for later enjoyment special moments that don't always seem so special at the time.


Chasing vague expectations,
I ran on.
Missing
the real and sublime.

No comments:

Post a Comment