I manipulate metals and minerals and bonding solutions in order to provoke emotional responses from people I will usually never meet. That which happens in the process some people call art. My talent for creating icons and illusions turned into a lifetime of manipulations... in various pigments, bronze and steel, some quite large, which loom in museums, schools, collections and public places all over Texas. Here on this blog you can watch my creative actions and insights unfold...

Sunday, September 8, 2013

A Tribute to the Salado Mermaid

A couple of years ago a terrible flood devastated parts of Salado, Texas, taking much of this sweet scene downstream. I was glad afterwards that I had taken the time one morning to capture this popular local icon on Salado Creek, a bronze sculpture of a mermaid which was lost to the fury of Mother Nature...
 
No, I did not sculpt her... but I wish I had.
This is the wonderful gift of photography; Preserving for later enjoyment special moments that don't always seem so special at the time.


Chasing vague expectations,
I ran on.
Missing
the real and sublime.

No comments:

Post a Comment