Sharing my passions, as I manipulated a variety of materials. Some people have called it art. It has also been a form of worship, and almost always has been the greatest fun.

Tuesday, August 20, 2013

My New Sculpture!


My sculpture of Frank Hamer for the City of Navasota was the awesome pinnacle of my art career. And it has taken awhile to come down to earth afterwards.  

It was such a strong concept  I cast the maquette as well, which I call "Texas Town Tamer."

Texas Town Tamer. You can read all about Frank Hamer in my other blog : russellcushman.blogspot.com



It is great, stalwart Americans like Frank that inspire me. This original bronze of Ranger Frank Hamer is TWENTY-FIVE inches tall. Not including the thick, cedar wood base.



Once the City Marshal of Navasota, Ranger Hamer looks good checking out Cedar Creek, where the real-life Frank Hamer used to cross every day on his rounds.


 Right now the sculpture can be viewed at:
 
Texas Ranger Hall of Fame, gift shop in Waco, Texas
 
 THE FRENCH MARKET,  at Tokoly Consignments, in Navasota, Texas 

1 comment:

  1. Curious as to the availability of the maquette version of the Town Tamer, also the price for this bronze?
    Thanks
    randy

    ReplyDelete