Sharing my passions, as I manipulated a variety of materials. Some people have called it art. It has also been a form of worship, and almost always has been the greatest fun.

Tuesday, October 9, 2018

Back at the Easel... almost

After many months of packing and moving and unpacking... relocating to Bell County and getting settled in our new environment... I am finally painting again. This 18 x 24 oil is the first painting done completely in my new studio. I am very excited about the new studio and the work that will be coming out of it. I feel the very best is yet to come. 



"Last Light" was inspired by several field sketches done near Whitehall, Texas, a couple of Springs ago. I had been so busy with commissions and then moving that I never was able to render worthy works from those wonderful Plein Air sessions before the Hi-Ho job and other projects gobbled up the years.

What I saw, and am still enraptured with, was the gorgeous warm glow that caught on the bluebonnets seconds before the sun goes down behind the horizon. For literally about a minute...the tops of the bluebonnets turn almost VIOLET. The bluebonnets in shadow go purple... and there is this rich fiery glow across the world... and you look at it in a stupor and wish it would stay still so you could capture the subtle scene. I find the camera just cannot do the scene justice... and maybe my efforts combined with my field sketch do.

I just had TWO MORE stents put in my heart...  and am recovering... but I hope to be painting again real soon.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful new additions and so glad to find you painting again. Thanks so much for your help with my project.

    ReplyDelete